Seattle, WA - July 14, 2015
Daminion Software unveils Daminion 4.0, an affordable digital asset management (DAM) software solution for small teams and self-employed professionals. The new release comes with 2 major improvements: better protection for your digital content, and improved descriptive capabilities. In addition, there are several other minor but very important improvements.
- Daminion 4.0 protects the existing tag structure (taxonomy) from unwanted changes when importing new files with embedded IPTC/XMP metadata. All tags that are imported from file metadata can now be approved by default or manually by an administrator user.
- You can now define relationships between documents and images and quickly find and view all related artwork and projects. By selecting a particular picture (logotype, photo, etc.) Daminion 4.0 can find all brochures, banners, ads and other artwork that makes use of the selected image.
SOME MINOR IMPROVEMENTS
- Improved support for Mac clients who work with Daminion via Parallels Desktop
- Works faster with huge catalogs containing more than 500k files
- File mask function allows files to be excluded from import
- Filenames containing numbers can be sorted as in Windows Explorer
- Added the “Shift Date and Time...” command
- Added Synonyms for the Project tag
- Expanded functionality of REST API commands
- Improved filtering including locking some search criterions
- Properties panel can now display properties of selected files in Tray and Linking panels.
- User interface now available in Italian
"The latest release was developed almost entirely on the basis of our customers’ feature requests," said Alex Syukosev, Technical Director at Daminion Software. "Our users expressed a desire for more diverse tagging and the ability to link all files to the projects in which they are used, and we were more than happy to oblige."
10 MINS DEMO VIDEO
Daminion 4.0 is compatible with and verified for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (R2) and Mac OS (via the Parallels Desktop).
INSTALLING AND USAGE
Daminion 4.0 (Server and Standalone versions) is available for immediate download from the company’s website. It takes only a few minutes to install and doesn’t require any special administrative knowledge. The Daminion website has a series of textual and video tutorials to help you get started quickly.
AVAILABILITY AND USAGE
Full featured 30-days trial of the Daminion Server 4.0 is available for immediate download from Daminion.net. The Daminion Standalone version has the free edition that is limited by the catalog’s capacity. Daminion is available in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Slovenian, Dutch and now in Italian language.
Daminion Server pricing starts from $99 US for non commercial usage by individuals and $999 US for teams (3 concurrent connections). Competitive upgrade rebate is offered for all competing products. Daminion 4.0 is available for purchase at the Daminion online store:
Since its first release in 2010, Daminion has been helping small teams and creative professionals to save time when searching for and reusing their digital assets. Daminion creates a centralized repository from which an entire team of users working on multiple computers can access all digital assets – photos, presentations, logos, brochures etc – from a single point, thus avoiding the unnecessary duplication and storage of digital assets.
ABOUT DAMINION SOFTWARE
Founded in 1999, Daminion Software (formerly known as PicaJet.com) is a fast-growing company with offices in the
Daminion Software, LLC
Business Development Director
+ 1 (206) 984-3919